Posted on by MAIDOT
What if automations were accessible to SME factories?
different AI processes
in industrial production
It was with this in mind that the Jenova MOM (Manufacturing Operations Management) project initially started and in which Maidot is proudly directly involved, through its founder.
In short, it is a platform for the production industry that was initially planned in 2019 by a group of people with experience in different areas, namely:
- Pedro Lima – experience of more than 20 years in software development and more than 15 in business management in the IT area
- Alexandre Vieira de Almeida – more than 35 years of experience in marketing, sales and business management
- Prof. Dorothy Monekosso – experience of more than 35 years in robotics, automation and artificial intelligence
- Prof. Paolo Remagnino – experience of more than 30 years in distributed artificial intelligence, machine learning and pattern recognition
- Prof. David Vallejo – experience of more than 15 years in artificial intelligence, augmented reality and gamification
With this group and together with highly qualified professionals both at Maidot and at the company Furious Koalas (Spain), it was possible to develop a basic concept for a platform that aims to achieve a pioneering status in providing automation and learning techniques to support small and medium-sized factories around the world.
But how does the Jenova platform work in practice?
This digital tool can work as a tool for virtually all processes within a factory, such as stock management, production, human resources, orders, sales, etc. but also, for those who prefer to maintain the use of existing tools, it can work together with those existing platforms and software, just “drinking” the information contained in them.
This is because the learning and automation processes using different artificial intelligence techniques will then take all the data and prepare various interpretations and recommendations.
As an example, here are some practical cases for a real customer, the company Cxestores which, as the name implies, produces blinds:
- Assuming a scenario in which a blind for a customer with a 10Nm electric motor is being produced and none of these motors are in stock, but a 12Nm motor has been in stock for 5 months.
- The solution in this case is for the AI system to suggest that, instead of ordering a specific engine for this order, simply use what is in stock because, although it is a little more powerful than necessary, that is how you move forward. with production more quickly and dead stock is avoided.
- In another scenario where there is a planned production order that the customer has not paid anything yet, and a new production order that has just entered but the customer has already paid in advance.
- The solution for this case may simply be to have the AI system recommend that in the production orders (visually displayed in a Gantt chart) the new production order be placed in front of the previous one, since the previously planned order is not yet complete. paid (of course, in this scenario, other parameters are taken into account, such as the customer’s seniority, payment agreements, etc.)
- Finally, in one more example, in the case where there is a waste above normal in a certain section
- The solution can be something together between obtaining information from the machines or IoT devices, and the system will also be able to compare that section with others, analyze the human resources that are in those sections and eventually even suggest some training in case any of the resources are being used. cause delays and/or greater waste due to lack of knowledge, which could simply be a lack of maintenance on the machine (e.g. a saw that is no longer cutting well, a gauge that is out of calibration, etc.)
The platform is currently in a beta phase and the group is looking for companies that want to embrace this initial phase at highly competitive prices that are absolutely incomparable with the final prices when the final product is launched.
A SaaS version (Software as a Service) is also being developed, in order to allow a much faster growth and a much greater scalability of the project, worldwide.
For more information about this platform, visit jenovamom.com